Yes I Can!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

Good thing this is not a Friday...remember I am superstitious....
Well, first I have a completion! Yes, yesterday's start is a finish...


 I really like the way it looks. I did make a change, I did not like the braid trim so instead I just added a gold cord to the edge where the back is attached. I also did my own flowers for the ribbon embroidery. It is hard to see, but there are  a few beads attached near the flowers for accent.

Okay, on to today's pick....
When Barnabee Met Bella...what a name! I decided to stitch this on 28 ct Joblan called Blueberry. It does not show up in the picture well, but as I post you will see it is really nice. It is a dyed linen with lavender and blue mixed....rather than each side being a different color. I am using DMC colors.

Okay, now for a change in the line-up...yes, there are only 2 more starts and I am making a change. If you followed me from my regular blog....I told you I was going to add a new project. Here it is...

 
Milady's Needle
Milady's Quaker Pendants 1 Kit
36 ct Lakeside Linen, Luna (1 over 1)
For now, it replaces the Hardanger Angel which will be stitched before Christmas so it will hang on my tree, both of these were from my dear friend Ziz.

Well, today is one of those work at JoAnn days...so not much stitching will take place. I will get started and see how far I get. I am so glad you stopped by to check my progress...come back tomorrow to see how far I get with Bella and a better view of the fabric. Have a great stitching day.

6 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have a finish among our starts!!! Enjoy your day and I'll look forward to seeing how much you accomplished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finish! I've thought about trying hardanger but haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful finish, I love it. The colours you have for todays start look stunning. Will be back tomorrow to see how you made out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great friend! Can't wait to see it all stitched up! And a finish too! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete