Yes I Can!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14

Can you believe that tomorrow is our last start day! I will miss the fun of choosing a new project each day, but on the other hand, I am glad we get to work on all the projects now. Here is what I am working on for today....
Dragonfly Jewels
The Cat's Whiskers
I love dragonflies...they will be stitched on the top of this piece. I am crazy for the colors....I may have to substitute a few Krenik threads or try to order them on line...but not to worry...I will deal with it. Where they are needed is as blended compliments to the silks. I am stitching as suggested with 32 ct linen and Dinky Dye Silks. The finish directions call for a box top, but I think I want it for a pillow top...I can envision it , but we will see.

Ah, yesterday...I love the colors in this one also. I decided to start with the "back" side of the biscornu...
Aren't these colors yummy? The pink motif will be repeated on each side of the center motif. I hope you can see the lovely subtle color of the linen. I thought this linen would be softer on the eye rather than the 2 different colors as suggested.

I have loved all the wonderful comments and encouragement from you my friends. I hope you will return again and again to follow me and offer any suggestions you have.
Have a wonderful day...I am going to get my needle in hand and stitch! Be very quiet...Dennis and Zoe are still asleep.....

2 comments: